Friday, November 9, 2007

Before We Go The Next Chapter

Hi all,

After reading chapter one and the differences between the left and the right side of our brains I started searching out more references to current thoughts on brains. Found a couple, the first is a blog by Wesley Fryer titled The outboard brain, memory, transfer and learning. In this blog Fryer talks about the way young people are accessing information. It is a very interesting take on a trend that I have noticed in myself. I do keep much information in my pocket on a PDA rather than trying to remember it. I have been gradually moving in this direction for about 10 years. I also know that now I very rarely ask for directions but rather check MapQuest and print out detailed directions.

I am also reading a book “The Primal Teen” about the teen age brain and the changes going on inside their skulls. It confirms my thoughts that kids see the world very differently from adults.

Both of these reads are interesting and make me think about the way we think.

No comments: