Sunday, November 11, 2007

Two, Abundance, Asia, Automation

I have noticed the changes described in this chapter but did not realize the implications. After I graduated in 1983 I worked in an in-house advertising department for a department store. During that time I photographed ads for the domestics department. Now I look at the domestics department in department stores and they are much bigger. I remember one photograph that had examples of every style of towel at that time there were about 20 different styles in the photograph. I bet now it would be 50 or 60 different styles.

Asia, I would suspect that we all have called a customer service number only to have the call answered by an operator with a very thick Indian accent. I think that there use to be a large call center in Tampa I wonder if it moved overseas.

No comments: